How to become an au pair in Austria?
About Austria: Government & People; History; etc.
typical day in a family
cost of living
Cost of Living in Austria Avg.
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant 10.00 €
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course 47.00€
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal) 7.00 €
- Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) 3.50 €
- Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) 3.80 €
- Cappuccino (regular) 2.85 €
- Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle) 2.51 €
- Water (0.33 liter bottle) 1.69 €
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price) 45.90 €
- Cinema, International Release, 1 Seat 10.00 €
Clothing And Shoes
- 1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar) 80.33 €
- 1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, ...) 34.82 €
- 1 Pair of Nike Running Shoes 83.88 €
This is a list of public holidays observed in Austria. (Date; Holiday; Local name)
- 1 January; New Year's Day; Neujahr
- 6 January; Epiphany; Heilige Drei Könige
- *; Easter Monday; Ostermontag
- 1 May; International Workers' Day; Staatsfeiertag
- *; Ascension Day; Christi Himmelfahrt
- *; Whit Monday / Pentecost; Pfingstmontag
- *; Corpus Christi; Fronleichnam
- 15 August; Assumption of Mary; Mariä Himmelfahrt
- 26 October; Austrian National Day; Nationalfeiertag
- 1 November; All Saints' Day; Allerheiligen
- 8 December; Feast of the Immaculate Conception; Mariä Empfängnis
- 25 December; Christmas Day; Christtag
- 26 December; St. Stephen's Day; Stefanitag
An asterisk (*) denotes a movable holiday.
Hi, my name is Christoph Knauer
and I’m responsible for this country information
I have thoroughly researched the information on this page, still I can’t give a guarantee that everything is correct and up-to-date.
If you should find any mistakes, please send me a message.
If you have any questions regarding the information on this page, you can ask them in the community.
Community for AustriaPlease log in to write me a message.