questions to Country information rules and regulations cost for host family

do i have to pay Notarization of Guarantee fee to my host before they start to process?

my host is in Florida

2 Answerslatest answer: 3 weeks ago 299 views

Filter answers

Answered by

To go to the USA, you need to involve one of the designated sponsor agencies for a J1 visa (see --> agency support). Many of these agencies ask for money to process the visa. So if you deal with one of the agencies from the list - yes, it's normal that you need to pay something. Unfortunately there are also many scammers out there trying to fake an agency, so you should thouroughly check the agency before you transfer any money. 

See also for the FAQ about Scammers

I think no, before starting the process You don't have to pay host family anything.

send cancel

Thank you for reporting this answer

We will check your report and block the answer if applicable.