view all FAQ

If the au pair doesn’t speak the language of the host country well (B2 level) and the family doesn’t speak the mother language of the au pair, it’s absolutely necessary to have another language (mostly English) which both sides speak well (at least B2), so that also problems and critical topics can be addressed in this language.

Although most countries only require language proficiency level A1 to get an au pair visa, we highly recommend that au pairs have at least A2, better B1 knowledge of the local language - most (but not all) kids are very patient if the au pair doesn't understand them too well in the beginning, but just think of an emergency case (children getting hurt on the playground,…) with no-one around speaking English…

register now for free